Wednesday 27 June 2012

I found my piece of paradise....


Well the decision was made we were moving to culo del mundo as the Spanish call it, “ass of the world” is the translation.... although only 10 minutes away from civilisation it felt like a different world. There were no tourists, PR’s or looky looky men shouting “alright mate” Don’t get me wrong resort has some good points.....I will let you know when I find them.

I grew up on a farm, and my childhood memories were great, all the little animals, feeding time, having fun, and of course no hard work....god, how different it is when you are an adult. When we agreed to take on the Finca, I naively believed that it would fit in with my already busy life, how stupid was I...

Within a short space of time, I was found on several occasions with my head in my hands stating “what the hell had I done” my childhood memories where deceiving me as this farm life was bloody hard work...if I wasn’t picking fruit that had no idea what to do with, I was chasing the ever escaping chickens.

Did I not mention the animals oh yes, added to our own mini zoo which we brought with us; we now had over 60 chickens, a duck (who believes that she is a chicken) and numerous animals that made strange noises in the night...

My mantra became I will not be defeated.....determination had always been my strong point, and after watching chicken run (the movie) I was more determined than ever before that my little piece of paradise was going to succeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment