Sunday 26 August 2012

Chickens jumpers...

I have a small dog and have often been tempted to buy him a little jumper to wear, however, every time I pick one up my husband pulls a face that indicates that if I purchase one he will pack his bags. Therefore, the doggy clothes remain on the shelves, but I have found a really cool website that sells jumpers and hats for chickens. Now you may be questioning why, you would need a jumper for a chicken, however, if you see the condition of the batteries you would understand why.

There are many charities all over the world that rescue battery hens from the poor conditions of the factories. However, many of these chickens have no feathers, and this leaves them exposed to the elements. Therefore, knitted goods are required to ensure that the chickens remain warm, which is not as silly as it may seem.


With further research I discovered that there are dedicated websites to chicken clothing, and you will be amazed at what people dress their chickens in and how much time they spend on this process. Now I think the whole thing is slightly silly, however, there is something tempting about dressing all of the chickens in little Santa suits at Christmas, or as Leprechauns on St Patricks Day. Therefore, watch this space, as I go in search of a vast quantity of Santa suits for the Christmas photo shoot.

22 comments:

  1. This is an amazing clothing idea. It will sell like hot cakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree. It's pretty rad :)

      Delete
    2. Wow you guys are really cool. I have a chicken clothing club if you would like to join

      Delete
  2. Chickens be like: bok

    ReplyDelete
  3. People may say these ideas are dumb but they are rad and fresh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish my chicken owned one . She would be the envy of ALLLLLLL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's her world and we're all just living in it

      Delete
  5. #chickensrgucci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they stylin then they wildin

      Delete
  6. I love it with all my heart, and in my heart is love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well my chickens don't deserve this cuz they poop all over my porch and on my couch . Such ungrateful little bags of crap !!! >:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh now. I'm sure it didn't do it on purpose. Give it some space and let the emptions settle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's beauty, she's grace, she's Miss United States
    *sings National Anthem

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree . We all need to give them some love . Show them we care . I honestly was saved when my chicken came to my life . Her name is Kayla . I got her when she was just a chick > I fell in love with her since day one and now we are going to get married <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mummm . I <3 fried chicken

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Don't you think you rushed into things. Maybe you guys are moving way to fast
    *is worried

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nooooo . She's a legal girl now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was the minister and everything went great at the wedding. They will live an amazing life together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the reassurance. I really didn't know what to think

    ReplyDelete
  16. I recently bought a chicken .She is a true beauty queen and I love her . Her name is Jenny . I'm going to buy her a boyfriend named Pablo so they can reproduce . I swear they will be the cutest couple in the coop . Hit me up @ 978-550-665 if you are interested in buying my chicks when Jenny has babies . I might give them away or sell them for $5 .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Update my husband just brought Pablo !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete