Wednesday 25 June 2014

Another Fine mess You Got me Into

A huge part of what I do now is rescuing animals, therefore, my FB newsfeed is full of animals that need help. I learnt a long time ago that you cannot save them all, however, if I can save one, and change their life forever it is a start. My mission is to rescue, my dream is that one day I will not have to.

So, the day started like any other, until I got a message from Miss H, now Miss H is special, not in a window licking, sunshine bus type way, but in a special type way. She is one of those people that like marmite, you either love or hate, I happen to love her.

Miss H has the biggest heart, and the largest personality, but I have a lot of time for her, so when she messaged panicking about a dog I listened. The dog in question had been found in a local town, nothing special, just a dog, but she had got herself into such a state.

She informed me that she was going to the area tonight to search for the dog, I asked do you know where the dog is "No" was the reply. Do you know the area "No" So, basically you are going to drive round the streets in search of a dog, with no idea where it is....."yes"

Fastforward to 9pm at night and there is me driving round with Miss H in my car, hanging chicken out of the window, screaming a dogs name. As it got darker, she got more upset and there was no dog. To cut a long story short, we ended up in a barranco in the pitch dark, searching for a dog, until she thought she heard a cat, that turned out to be a bird!

At this point I wanted to go home, and we left, with Miss H getting more upset by the minute. The next day we made 1000 phone calls, and thankfully one came through, I had the dog, and called Miss H. Who screamed, and shouted and cried, all with joy. She drove to meet her dog, and at that point I remembered why I do this.....Not only had she stepped up and gone in search of this street dog, but since then she has paid for everything, not once asking for everyone else to deal with the dog.

Buddy as he was christened is now searching for his forever home, and we are confident that he will find it soon. Thank you Miss H for giving me faith that not all human beings are a***holes, and for making me laugh every time we are together.







No comments:

Post a Comment