Tuesday 7 October 2014

The End is in Sight

When we moved in to the goat shed in the middle of the field, me being me believed that it would be built and finished in weeks. As the weeks turned into months, I begun to realise that hubby was yet again right! Building your house, is a lot like peeling an onion, hurts all the way through, brings tears to your eyes, but the end result is satisfying.

We finally placed the last blocks, laid the last floor, and put the last piece of roof on the building, don't get me wrong it is far from finished, but the end in in sight. We will be water tight before winter, and I finally have somewhere to sit and watch TV. For many people this doesn't seem like a huge deal, but for us, the long build has been an achievement.

There are many things left to do, and a huge amount of tidying, painting and skimming, but we are one whole building, and this feels brilliant. So, sorry for the lack of blogging, exhaustion has taken over, and my desire to sit in front of my PC was limited. However, things are calming down now.....who am I kidding!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment