Sunday 16 March 2014

Female Charm!

I am a great believer in the fact that there are very few things that woman cannot do, I would love to say they can do everything, but this is unrealistic! However, I will roll my sleeves up with the men, and get on with most jobs.

There are always times though when a man can be useful, and when the pumps broke on the house last week, and I needed the water diverted a man was needed. It is not because I couldn't do this task, I just could not be bothered to learn how to, and struggle doing it.

We made a call to the axe murderer next door, and he arrived full of smiles and helpful advise. He loves to show off his knowledge about all things well....frankly boring. Do I care how to get the water into the house, diverted past the tanks, quite frankly no!.

He however, loves this information, so i let him think that I was remotely interested and he diverted the water, voile task completed, and not a broken nail in sight. Then the leak appeared, well more of a gush than a leak, and I knew I had to turn on the ultra charm.

We explained that hubby was at work, and I was at home all alone, with the kids, and couldn't possibly fix the leak all by myself. The axe murderer stared at me for a while, and with that I gave him a huge smile, followed with a girly giggle. This prompted him to fetch his tools, and repair my leak.

With a lot of huffing and puffing he had fixed the leak, and I was happy I had water. Proving yet again that "tits" and "teeth" work every time, especially when you promise to return the guys rooster that is happily camped out in my chicken pen!


No comments:

Post a Comment