Saturday 27 July 2013

Half the Battle is Believing!

There is a huge amount of power in believing in someone or something, and I don't think that we should ever criticise this fact. It shouldn't matter if you agree with what they believe in, as long as they aren't hurting anyone, and on that profound statement on to Soursop's.

Like millions of people I had never heard of Soursop fruit until someone posted a link onto FB. Good old FB only slightly less powerful than Google, but thinks it is God. http://www.whydontyoutrythis.com/2013/02/soursop-fruit-natural-cancer-killer-stronger-than-chemo.html

Anyway, someone posted a link about this strange fruit, and I realised that this was the fruit that I had been driving over for a year. Yes, yes, shame on me that I was not knowledgeable enough to know every fruit in the world when I moved into Casa Chaos.

Especially as this fruit is frankly ugly, it has very little going for it, but apparently it has superfood powers. There are a huge number of people that believe this fruit has many benefits regarding the prevention and treatment of cancer.

With this knowledge, I suddenly felt humble that I grow these fruit, and although I'm not sure if I believe they have superfood powers, I have no issue with other people believing. I currently give the leaves to a lady who I admire for her strength and courage as she battles daily with the information that her husband has cancer.

I have no idea what I would do in her situation, and by giving her the leaves to make tea, I feel I am in some way helping her. But for now the ugly fruit are growing, and the demands for them when they ripen are increasing. Who would have thought this ugly green fruit with the soft smelly interior would be so popular!




No comments:

Post a Comment