Wednesday 1 May 2013

Boys and their toys!

I only went away for the weekend, and in that time hubby went shopping, which is odd as when I ask him to go shopping at any other time he is far too busy. However, he found himself attracted to a shop, and it seems that the allure of the shiny things in the window was just too much to handle. Not only did he look, but he also bought the item in question.

As he proudly informed me down the phone all I could think was "I only left you for a couple of days" but in all fairness I suppose we did need this item, and yes it was something we had discussed, but did he really need to go and buy a gun!! Yes, we are now the proud owners of a gun, and he spent the day on Saturday shooting pigeons, with regular updates of how many he had shot!

What is it with boys and their toys, he was so proud that he had bought a gun, and that he was dealing with the pigeon problem. I however, was more practical, I was concerned with the cost, the legal aspect and the safety issues, god I am getting old! But these needed to be addressed, and he assures me that it will be stored away from out trigger happy 12 year old.

So, we may have found the solution to the pigeon and rat problem, and any other creatures that roam onto my land! ooo this could in fact be fun, how many fraggles can I shoot in one day! However, I have learnt my lesson and will not be leaving hubby alone in the near future, I hate to imagine what he will come home with next!



No comments:

Post a Comment