Wednesday 27 February 2013

We have ducklings

Well my prediction was right and I am amazed as Billy has hatched his eggs, on the date that I thought they would come. This means that we have been organised waiting for the arrival, and although he only hatched 4 out of the fourteen eggs he was sat on, panic soon set in when we saw them. Unfortunately. Jessica is determined not to make things easy, and we spent the day worried, rushing around capturing jessica and locking her away.

The ducklings are cute, very small and incredibly independent  which is causing amusement. They follow Billy everywhere, and are even in the pond, which they shouldn't be. Ducklings are not waterproof, which means they can drown, so panic set in when they leapt in the pond. However, they didn't care and were bobbing around carefree.

A restless night was had as every noise I leapt out of bed to check on Billy, I'm sure by this morning, he was sick of the torch being shone in his face! What made matters worse was I could hear chirping this morning, so I leapt out of bed, ran down stairs, but could find nothing...wild goose chase, or loose duckling chase...





2 comments: