Wednesday 19 December 2012

I have been shopping

I have never enjoyed shopping and hate queues of any sort, therefore, I tend to know what I want, buy it and pray that it is the right one. At one time my shopping experiences would involve shoes, clothes and sparkly jewellery, but now I find myself in the feed store gazing at feed bins and buckets. Money is tight here in Casa Chaos, therefore, we have to make do with what we have, which can be hard when everything keeps breaking.

However, I spotted something a few weeks ago, I knew I had to have it, and even did the pouty lip to hubby, and pleaded to have it, but alas there was simply not enough left in the pot for treats. So I put this shiny item to the back of my mind, and dreamed of the day when I would be able to afford one. You may all be wondering what extravagant item I am talking about, and it is of course a new wheelbarrow!

Now to many of you this may not seem like a big deal, however, here a wheelbarrow would be a luxury, which would make our lives easier. Something so simple, yet so far out of my grasp, but I didn't give up, like a child collecting their pennies for the sweet shop, I saved and saved. Finally I had enough, and with anticipation and excitement I went to the feed store, and purchased my very own yellow wheelbarrow.

It was one of those moments when you had to be there to appreciate the excitement, thankfully my son shared my excitement as he proudly stared at the new item in the drive. Unfortunately  he now wants to use the wheelbarrow, which is causing me anxiety. What if he gets him (yes its a him) dirty, or breaks him, or dents him!

I allowed my son to briefly use the wheelbarrow yesterday, under supervision, and with rules. It was a successful outing, and both enjoyed collecting the branches which had been building up in the orchard. I am hoping to allow the wheelbarrow to be used without supervision soon, but as any new mum will know this takes time! For now I can admire him, and think of a suitable name...





No comments:

Post a Comment