Wednesday 24 October 2012

Sad animal lady

I  remember when I was growing up there was always the old lady that had far too many animals, and everyone used to think she smelt, well I do believe that I am turning into that lady! Since we moved to Casa Chaos we have very few visitors, don't get me wrong I didn't have people banging down my door wanting coffee mornings before, but I did see a few of my "friends"

I have noticed quite rapidly that people wont leave the comfort of resort and venture out into the wildness, battling with the long 10 minute drive from civilisation! I saw one of my "friends" the other day, and she made polite conversation about animals, and made up crap excuses why she hadn't been to see us. It dawned on me at that point that she thought I was mad, and why on earth would anyone want to live where I do, with animals, dirt and chaos!

She claimed that it was too far...err 10 minute drive, that it was cold...well colder than sat on the beach, but far from cold, that there was mud! well actually more dust than mud...and last but not least there was animals!!! god forbid she might actually have to come into contact with a four legged creature. She went on to tell me that animals were dirty, stinky creatures that need to be kept away from people!!! At this point I did wonder how we were ever friends in the first place.

There are days when I think I am going insane and seem to spend more time talking to the goats than other human beings, however, to be honest, I get more sense from them. I now fully understand why old ladies surround themselves with animals, as you get more respect, love and conversation from them than a huge majority of the human race.



So, there you have it, I am the lonely old lady surrounded by smelly animals, slowly going insane....do I care nah not really, its when the animals start talking back that I think I might have been pushed over the edge!





No comments:

Post a Comment