Tuesday 11 September 2012

Farmers helpers...

As you know my son arrived on Monday which is fantastic, however, he brought two friends with him which means we have two other unexpected helpers here. We have always had a policy of everyone helping out, regardless of who you are, as I do not have the time or manners to run round after anyone. Don't get me wrong I am a fantastic host for the first hour, then after that it is fend for yourself or die, as I simply do not have the time.

These friends, are also friends of mine, and one, Mrs C has been here before, so understands the chaos, noise, mud and level of insanity that you have to possess to visit. Although she lives in a town in the UK, she has no issues with being near the animals, holding chicks, or stroking goats when needed. Mrs C is an incredible friend, and shaping up to be a brilliant unexpected farmers helper...

However, Mr E who is new here is struggling slightly with the noise, chaos and anything that moves. I was warned that he was not good with bugs, roaches, lizards, chickens, well basically anything other than a domestic cat or dog! This was always going to be a challenge, however, I love challenges, and thought I would meet it head on and break the fear...

Slowly, slowly he is getting closer to the animals, and in all fairness on the first night he did experience cockroaches, and was brave enough to squash (alcohol fuelled I would like to add) Yesterday he stood and watched the chickens through the metal fence, which is a step towards being in there. Mr E does have his uses though as he makes a nice cup of coffee, which is vital in this house.

Mr E also likes food, and is a big eater, which again is vital in this house, as I cook for an army, and like to see people that appreciate the gigantic meals placed in front of them..lets just say that there will be no weight loss until he starts running round after the animals.



No comments:

Post a Comment