Wednesday 5 September 2012

Swapping Mango's

We have discovered that other people love mangos, we don't which is a huge issue for the sheer amount that we have here, however, they are good fruits to barter with. Alongside selling the mangos, I have discovered that people love to swap them for a huge number of different things, and some are amusing. If you have been following the blog you will remember that I swapped mangos for Jack and Jill, which was strange, but everyone got what they wanted.


Since then I have swapped more of this sickly, stinking fruit for books, potatoes and expert advice. People seem to love the idea of bartering fruit, and will happily take bags of them for something I want, which is funny. I even paid my lawyer in fruit and chickens! (you do need a certain type of person to accept that offer)

I think people love the concept of swapping fruit for services, or other items and it reminds them of a far simpler time, when money didn't make the world go round. I am trying to see how far I can push the fruit swapping and want to see what the next big item will be! I am realistic and know that a car or house are out of the question, however, I was offered a horse the other day in exchange for mangos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment